Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Software To Import The Name Of The Mp3 File, From The General Tab To The Details Tab?

MP3 Players Discussion

Software To Import The Name Of The Mp3 File, From The General Tab To The Details Tab?

Postby Ramsay » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:32 pm

I have all my mp3 files named as "song title" and "artist", separated by a "-" This appears in the general tab if you select the properties of the song/mp3 file. However, often this info is not populated into the details tab, thus when you play the song on digital software or an mp3 player the correct tile as per the general tab does not appear. Is there any software out there that could automatically pull this info form the general tab to the details tab. Doing this manually for 4000 songs is quite a task. So if you know of some software that can do the job, it will be much appreciated.
Ramsay

Postby Tommaso » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:23 pm

that information is par of what is called a "ID3" tag. There is alot of software to manipulate it, this type of thing is really easiest with a scriting language like python or ruby, but i've seen specifilized softwatrer too.
Tommaso

Return to MP3 Players