Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Should I Reformat My Hard Drive For My Newly Built Computer?

Peripherals Discussion

Postby Attmore » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:47 pm

So yeah, i've built my own computer, but due to my restricted student style budget I'm using some of the parts from my previous computer, like my hard drive for example.

Should I reformat my hard drive when I have connected it all up on my new computer during its first start up with a CD? or should I reformat it before that?

Or should I not reformat it at all? o.0
Attmore

Postby Belmiro » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:32 pm

It doesn't really make a difference.
Belmiro

Postby giselmaere » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:49 am

it dosn't matter that you format it or not you see Hard disk is a kind of memory which remembers everything and stores in it, so formating is not good idea but if you want to install new OS (operating system) like windows 7,8 or according to your new hardwares then you must format it and install new OS which you want in it but take the back up first, you must format the hard disk after it is connected because when you instal OS then it will perfectly get fit with your new hardwares. so realy it do not matters to format its up to you that you want latest OS or current OS. it will not make difference that you format or not. don't worry do as you want and don't wait for other answer and trust me i did such experiments lots of times.
giselmaere

Postby Okeefe » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:44 am

First, make advantageous u have all contraptions are detected wisely (complicated drives and dvd drives) confirm which you do boot from ur dvd stress first. Set this interior the boot order menu of ur BIOS. solid success.
Okeefe

Postby Joen » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:35 pm

I would, It'll help you get the most out of your new system.
Joen

Return to Peripherals