Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Shockwave Player Keeps Crashing?

Web Browser Discussion

Postby Jen » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:42 am

I just switched to Google Chrome, but whenever I use something that uses flash I have problems. I first noticed it on YouTube whenever I would rewind or fast-forward alot of times it would show a little puzzle piece where the video was and the yellow bar at the top of the browser would say "Shockwave player has crashed". This happens with things other than YouTube as well. This doesn't happen on Internet Explorer, just Chrome. Also, I have Adobe Flash player, not shockwave, aren't they different?

How do I stop this from happening?

Please help, I like Chrome and I don't want to have to keep switching between Internet Explorer and Chrome.
Jen

Postby Mailhairer » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:00 pm

I would say it was chrome, but Ive noticed a lot of computers crashing with flash recently. All turned out to have ZERO problems and the logs all showed it was a fault in flash.

Check you have the latest version of flash / shockwave installed - they are 2 separate programs.

OTherwise there is not much you really can do as its down to flash to make proper software.

Many are calling for flash to be thrown offline, its insecure, buggy and dangerous.
Mailhairer

Postby Ronson » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:47 am

its not chrome, its flash.
i dont know what adobe has done recently, but over the last few months I have had more problems out of flash than ever before.
What is sad is that adobe has some really awesome software.
But its like they just pulled out of the trash bucket for flash.
Ronson

Postby Aekerley » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:11 am

You have to install the last version of Flash player :)

here you can get it for free http://bit.ly/free-flash-player-12
Aekerley

Postby Lydell » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:53 am

sturdy you've executed a splash learn. unistall adobe fplayer and then use chrome through itself on information superhighway content that demands flash, if it inspite of the truth that crash then its now no longer an argument with flash, yet software appropriate difficulty. in case you unistall and chrome works great then re-installation flash decrease back. if decrease back it fails, unistall and restart your computing gadget in f8 take care of mode with networking and examine out employing flash decrease back. if each and every little ingredient else fails, get carry of a few functional loose anti-secret agent ware software like webroot take care of.
Lydell

Return to Web Browsers