Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Is It Safe To Leave A Nintendo 3ds In Sleep Mode And Online Permanently And While Charging The Battery?

Networking & Wireless Discussion

Is It Safe To Leave A Nintendo 3ds In Sleep Mode And Online Permanently And While Charging The Battery?

Postby Duffey » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:48 pm

The Nintendo 3DS manual and various games all say you can use SpotPass and StreetPass to download all sorts of things to enhance your game play experience (Miis for your plaza, Play Coins, puzzle pieces, ghosts for Mario Kart 7, swap notes, etc.) both from the internet and passing people in public who's Nintendo 3DS is also communicating wirelessly. Other features of the Nintendo 3DS include downloading game demos and videos while the system is in sleep mode.

In order to utilize these features, SpotPass and StreetPass must be enabled on the Nintendo 3DS and the wireless communication setting must be enabled as well. And with all of these settings enabled, you obviously have to have the system itself powered on, preferably is sleep mode. But can having it powered on all the time, only "resting" it in sleep mode really be good for the system? I leave the wireless communication setting on all the time too so it will download 3D videos from the internet, but it bugs me to think the wireless communication is on and the system is powered on 24/7/365. Surely this can't be good for the system's hardware or performance.

Should I turn the wireless communication off and power down the system every couple of days to allow it time to "rest" or was this system designed to be left on all the time? And what happens when it's left charging from the outlet? Won't that stress the system as well?
Duffey

Postby Chattan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:40 am

Of course you can! If you have Mario Kart 7 and set it to sleep mode, then it's OK!
Chattan

Postby stanton13 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:24 pm

I have done this many times, and yes, it has worked properly.

Two thing not to do...

1.) Leave it on sleep mode in a spot where the sun can reflect it.

2.) Go online into Mario Kart 7 or Eshop and sleep it (it won't sleep)

Be sure to check out the HEALTH AND SAFETY INFORMATION as well! :D

( : hope this helped ; )

-MG (MattGame)
stanton13

Return to Networking & Wireless