Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Resume, Need Some Tips, Help Plz?

Microsoft Office Discussion

Postby Ninian » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:05 am

Putting together a resume:

In work experience I don't have much to put on there, I've worked as a cashier for 3 months(2007), a warehouse for 3 months(2008), and another warehouse for 3 months (2010) most people say not to list them at all, but what can I do to get my resume to look good to get hired?

I didn't get fired from any of those places and I did give them my 2 week notice, the warehouses I worked at, I worked full time, but when I started school my school schedule conflicted with my work schedule and they needed a full time person mon-fri so I had to quit

The thing is that the dates also leave huge gaps in my work history, but I was going to school full time

I'm 24, just graduated with my bs in business administration (operations management), I'm bilingual(spanish), and do know ms word, excel, ppt, open office

This is what it looks like now: (I put my info at the top but thats everything else)

Summary of Qualifications

Capable of working in challenging and fast paced environment. Excellent planning and organizational skills. Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring the ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple projects.

? Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint

? Operating Systems: Windows and Mac OSX

? Bilingual, Fluent in Spanish

Coursework

o Project Management

o Small Business Management

o Production and Operations Management

o Service Management

o Business Finance

o Production and Inventory Control

o Accounting for Decision Making

o Process Design and Improvement

o Managerial Accounting

o Financial Accounting

o Management Information Systems

o Applied Business and Statistics

o Operations Management

o Managerial Economics

o Principles in Marketing

o Legal and Regulation Environment in Business

Education

California State University, Los Angeles Jan 2011 - Aug 2012

Los Angeles CA 90032

B.S. Business Administration, Option in Operations Management

Graduated Summer 2012

East Los Angeles College Sept 2008 - June 2010

Monterey Park, CA 91754

General Education Certified, Transfer

Pasadena City College Sept 2006 - June 2007

Pasadena, CA 91106

General Education
Ninian

Postby Bosworth » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:05 am

Well what job are you trying to get, because that will definitely help with how you organize your resume? For one thing eliminate all that coursework, they are not likely to look at it, instead summarize briefly at the top, then highlight education and then put in your work experience. Brevity is key, but also make sure that you tailor each work experience to the potential job you want. If you let me know what type of position you are looking for I can be of more help.
Bosworth

Postby Ithel » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:32 pm

Put in the work experience.

There are no gaps in your work history. You have been in full time education so have no work history. The jobs you did filled in gaps while on holiday during your education.

Take out that long list of coursework. It's boring and no one will read it. Employers only want to know the qualifications you ended up with.
Ithel

Return to Office