Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Restored Custom Built Computer Won't Connect Online?

Desktop Discussion

Postby Hareleah » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:31 am

My friend has a custom built desktop PC, it's running windows seven, she recently had to do complete system factory settings restore due to something messing up which her virus scanner wasn't picking up, now she's having trouble connecting online, from what she said, her PC had a name it used to connect to the router, but when she restored her system the name changed and now she can't connect at all, anyone know how to fix this?
Hareleah

Postby jourdan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:51 pm

I don't know the specs of her computer, as she lives in a different state than i do, and she doesn't know either, she's not too tech savvy, so sorry for the lack of details, but her ethernet cable was plugged in when she tried to connect again but it wouldn't work, but before she even did the system reset her connection was working fine.

I can't ask her about the specs because she's the type that refuses to ask people she doesn't know for help, even if it's probably the best thing to do, so i'm kinda doing this behind her back.
jourdan

Postby Kacey » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:14 am

Thats what happens with overclocked computer hard ware wise The first thing to go is the internet chipset! I could go into details but to make a long story short. Because of the lack of information provided in the question [system specifications and computer processor speeds]. Consider buying a pci or pci express ethernet card whatever the computer has available on the pci bridge(check manufacturer's website for mainboard specifications).
Kacey

Postby Colvert » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:46 am

Dd your friend plug in the ethernet cable? And also if she did, has she installed the drivers for her motherboard because if not then the erhernet port on her motherboard wont work.
Colvert

Postby Aldous » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:32 am

The computer name can be changed.
Guessing if it is Win7 you can right click "Computer" and System panel has "Change Settings" in lower right corner.
That brings up Properties panel.
Lower half has "to rename this computer" and "Change".
Aldous

Postby Cetanwakuwa » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:47 pm

you're development a large laptop. surprising decision of areas. you may no longer bypass incorrect with Zalman products. precise variety high quality names on your factors. Cooling gadget seems wonderful, yet for the heck of it upload 120mm and 80mm case followers. do you like 2 HDMI ports on the image card? If no longer, you determination is surprising. large on the exterior television tuner. You did no longer point out visual exhibit unit, or did you? verify all your drivers and utility are workable with Vista sixty 4. and cover your self with some backup. according to probability an exterior case and tension same, or greater, then your case tension and %. up a duplicate of Paragon-utility's tension replica. A screaming gadget. have exciting!
Cetanwakuwa

Return to Desktops