Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Quick Answers! Looking For A Digital Camera Under $200, Good For A New Mom?

Digital Cameras Discussion

Postby Cumming » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:26 pm

So I prefer a camera less than like $120ish. I'm about to have my first baby and would like a nice camera that takes good quality photos, but also has different settings to take say Sepia, black and white, or inverted. Or maybe not. Maybe just a simple digital camera that takes good quality pictures, has like a good zoom, and takes good fast-motion shots. Like something easy to clean and carry around, something not too much money. I had a Kodak Easy-Share thing and it took a lot of **** like dropping it nine thousand times at Cedar Point and dropping it into a sink and down the stairs. All times it came out okay. But then it got rained on two years later and went to ****:'( So should I get the same camera? Who makes the BEST digital? I trust Kodak, but people say Canon makes great ones too. Please help asap! she's due in May and I want one before the end of April!
Cumming

Postby Manfrit » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:54 am

The Fujifilm XP Water/Shock/Dust/Freeze proof is $150 at costco and the best camera I have ever bought!
Manfrit

Postby Kim » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:00 am

Ok here's the ugly truth that you probably don't want to hear.

Spend 99 US dollars or 500 bucks, if it's just a compact with a small image sensor, the image quality is going to be just OK in good day light and total bunk in low light. fast action indoors, forget about it.

So you have to decide what you want. if you want to stay low budget, then just use whatever digital camera you have around the house or that you can borrow.

If anything the newer compacts are getting worse not better. Why? the image sensor is still the same tiny size it has been for years, yet the camera makers are forcing more and more megapixels onto these image sensors. Not only do they do worse in low light, they are starting to get bad even in the day at the best quality settings. They are having more and more of a hard time hiding image noise.

So why bother with all the megapixel stuff? people think more is better, so camera makers add more because making more money is more important to them than giving you better image quality.

So if you first child means a lot to you, skip on this junk and get something with a LARGE image sensor. If you don't want a bulky dSLR, get a compact (called ILC cameras) with a large sensor.

Two with really good sensors, the Olympus E-PM2 and the Sony NEX 3N. It's 500 bucks, totally worth it because you can't go back in time and get these images again if you go with a cheap camera today.

Regardless of what camera you get, dig for the info and find out how large the image sensor is, not how many megapixels or how much zoom it has. good luck.
Kim

Postby Enrique » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:44 pm

Kodak makes some of the worst cameras out there. You can get a Fujifilm Finepix bridge camera for under $200.
Enrique

Postby Archer » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:09 am

I bought a Fuji a couple years back for $175 or so & I have been happy. It's all a matter of personal preference & the type of features you wish for. The choices are many & overwhelming but most are good. I'd like to say try to stay with a good name brand such as Cannon, Nikon, Fuji or Kodak as they have been around for years & are reputable along with being on the cutting edge of photography.
Archer

Postby Haneul » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:14 pm

Try getting a fujifilm finepix or Nikon.
Haneul

Return to Digital Cameras