Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Question About Headphones and Sound Quality. Why do my headphones sound different?

Networking & Wireless Discussion

Question About Headphones and Sound Quality. Why do my headphones sound different?

Postby joss » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:57 pm

I own a pair of Wireless Stereo Headphones by Sony (TMR-RF865R) which I had purchased last year.
The headphones have been working fine until 2 weeks or so ago when I noticed the sound was rather unclear and fuzzy. I noticed this while listening to some music in VLC media player.
What is strange is that the sound grew increasingly poorer (even more distorted) as the days went by,
however, if I listen to the same songs online (on Youtube, Dailymotion or other streaming sites) they sound fine, as they should normally.
Why is that?
Why do the same songs sound poor quality and fuzzy when I listen to them offline (my music is FLAC format), and yet are okay when listening to them streaming online?
I am very careful with my headphones. I never dropped them or damaged them in any way...So what could be the cause of this problem? And how can I solve it?

Anticipated thanks for your aid.
Best answer and maximum stars to whom can save me from this predicament.
Thank you :)
joss

Postby maoltuile » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:59 pm

The possibilities are:
1) The battery powering the headphones is becoming discharged.
2) The radio link to the transmitter is too distant, or there are interfering radio signals in the same band (cordless phone, cell phone, other wireless devices)
3) If 1 & 2 are not the problem, then I would suspect corrupted files on whatever is playing the program material.
maoltuile

Return to Networking & Wireless