Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Professional Digital Cameras?

Digital Cameras Discussion

Postby Alvy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:52 am

Well if you want the "best" quality for big enlargements of say 16x20, then DSLR or digital single lens reflex is the type of camera to get. For instance my DSLR is a Pentax K30 and runs about $600.00 if you need a macro lens for close-ups of small objects add another $850.00

Or your could go the "bridge' camera style. This camera DOES NOT have interchangeable lenses like the DLSR type.
The bridge camera comes equipped with a permanently attached zoom lens that is capable of everything from macro to distant scenes. Quality bridge cameras go for about $424.00 TOTAL! Canon makes the Canon Powershot SX50 IS for about this price. You can effectively also get excellent results with a Fuji Finepix S4500 @ $150.00 or the Fuji SL300 @ $199/00.

The "professional" results are a result of your applied skill, not the camera per se. As far as sharpness and good color are concerned all of the cameras I mentioned will be relative easy to achieve excellent results!

Good Luck!
Alvy

Postby weardhyll » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:31 pm

You don't need a " professional " camera to do this. All you need is a D-SLR with a close up lens. A

Nikon D3100 or Canon Rebel T3 would do just fine.
weardhyll

Postby Bradach » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:00 pm

Professional Cameras? I hope you about $4,000 sitting around in petty cash because that's where they start in price.
Bradach

Postby Corday » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:41 pm

If the artwork is completely flat like a sketch on paper then a flatbed scanner may be a cheaper option. It can even handle a few small paintings. If the artwork is large or if it's highly texturized or even three-dimensional then any digital camera will do. Just make sure to provide lots of light and take the shot as squarely (perpendicular) as possible from the center of the artwork so that aspect ratio is maintained.
Corday

Return to Digital Cameras