Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Portable Charger Electricity Question?

iPhones & iPads Discussion

Postby Bevis » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:12 am

I have a portable charger from the company New Trent. My model is IMP60D. It should hold 6000 mAh. My iPhone 4S is 1432 mAh but I only charges the phone 2.5 times max when there is no background apps and I left it I charge with using it. Any guy who is good in electricity tells me why is this happening? Or is there something wrong with my battery? Or is it working fine just that I'm paranoid. Those who can give the best answer will be awarded with best answer!
Bevis

Postby Haydon » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:31 pm

u can read this article to get the answer. http://externalbatteryworld.wordpress.com/2014/08/25/dont-buy-external-battery-before-you-read-this
Haydon

Postby Aksel » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:08 pm

In an ideal world the portable charger would charge the phone 4 and a bit times.

But because of losses such as resistance in the wire, The battery heats up when its being charged (loss of energy through heat) and losses within the charging circuits (Voltage regulators etc) a percentage of the power is lost, But I would still suggest that 2.5 times from one charge is reasonably good.

The battery also has an internal resistance and depending on its chemical type L-ion or NiMh or Ni-cad this could mean that in one day up to 10% of the battery could already of discharged even though its got nothing connected.

Hope that answers your question

Owain
Aksel

Return to iPhones & iPads