Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Please Help!! I need some advice! :(?

Email Software Discussion

Postby mustafa » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:10 am

So my boyfriend of four years wants to "take a break" to see where God is truly calling us in our future. We just went through this exact same thing about a month ago..we didn't talk for almost two months and really focused on our relationships with God. Then we started talking again and it was like we never stopped. Then out of the blue, he sends me a really long text about how he just got off the phone with his mom and he feels as though we shouldn't talk for a while and really focus on our relationships with God. I just don't understand this because we JUST went through this. He says it will allow us to have a better outlook on our future relationship but he feels like our relationship needs to be on the back burner for now and we need to really focus on God. He said that he knows that we just went through this but that we need to do it with a more positive outlook on it because last time, it was really miserable going into it for both of us. I guess I just don't understand why he feels the need to do this again and if there's any way I can change his mind. Thanks!

Background Info: We are both 19. We have been together for 4 years. We both love each other very much. We go to different colleges and are currently two hours away. We are both believers and followers of God.
mustafa

Postby saunders52 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:23 am

I'm sorry sweetheart. I wish I could give you some kind of real answers or advice about this. I was raised in the church, but am no longer a christian. Even now I can usually tell why people act the way they do, and it doesn't sound like your boyfriend is being completely honest. I've personally had an extremely difficult past when it comes to relationships of any kind but because of that I can usually read between the lines of most situations. From a guys perspective, if they say they want space, whether it be for God, for you, or for both of your futures, etc. what they REALLY mean is: they aren't sure if they love you anymore or ever did, find you clingy and want you off of their back, are cheating on you behind your back and want some alone time with that person, and there are a couple other posibilities, but not many. Do your best to find out why he is really doing this, and I know hos difficult it can be to be without someone who you've been with for 4 years, and to be hurt by them (never have been blessed enough to have a relationship nearly that long, but I am an extremely sensitive person.) I'm sorry if anything I said was hurtful. I'm not sure if any of this helped you but I hope that it did somehow, and if you would like to talk about it more, add me as a contact/email me. I'm always wanting to help in any way I can.
saunders52

Postby ardal » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:34 am

perfect example of fake christians!
ardal

Return to Email Software