Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Photography Help????????

Digital Cameras Discussion

Photography Help????????

Postby luken91 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:30 am

I am starting an a level photography class this September and I need help choosing a camera. The choices are

1) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-FinePix-S4000-Digital-Camera/dp/B004G8Q60K/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1344775750&sr=1-2

2) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-COOLPIX-L810-Compact-Digital/dp/B0071L3JTU/ref=sr_1_44?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1345047373&sr=1-44

3) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-DMC-FZ48EB-K-Hybrid-Digital-Optical/dp/B005K6WTSU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1345047108&sr=8-7

Which one is best?
luken91

Photography Help????????

Postby aescwyn » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:33 am

Second one !!!
aescwyn

Photography Help????????

Postby melbyrne » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:44 am

Well these are pretty much entry level camera in general, they in general will have some basic pre sets and may allow some personal adjustments. All the brands are good, though photographers tend to fall in love with brands as they love the feel of the brand.

You really need to know what you want to do with it. The cameras all have fixed lenses so you won't be able to play around with different lenses (which you or may not care about).

I would personally got for the Panasonic as it has a higher customer rating. This is a good point and shoot camera and has a very simple user interface (it is easy to operate).

Additional info

Customer report 1

I recently purchased the Panasonic DMC FZ48 from Amazon, and have been delighted with this camera.This is the third Panasonic super zoom camera I have owned, (the previous ones are still in use by members of my family), so that really says it all.

Before buying, I looked at all the other super zoom cameras on the market, and although some have a larger zoom or more megapixels etc,I decided on the Panasonic as this was one of the smallest superzoom cameras available, at the time of purchase.

It also offers full HD recording, and is easy to use for people like myself who just want to point and shoot.It comes with a Leica X24 zoom lens, so is an absolute bargain. Highly recommended.

Customer report 2

I bought the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ48 to upgrade from a Canon PowerShot A75 compact digital camera that I have used both personally and in my business for a number of years. I used to use 35mm SLR cameras as a hobby photographer and this is the best replacement that I could find within my budget that I set at a maximum of £300. This will give me the next learning step I need to be creative with my shots and be using up to date photographs for my websites and family home and holiday photographs.
So far the results are looking really good. The camera is light and compact. (May be too compact for someone with large hands / fingers) It seems to have all the features that I need at the moment as it will take me a while to get used to them all. The pictures so far have come out really well using the auto focus even when zooming in to flowers and a bird on our feeder through the kitchen window. I bought a spare battery, Samsonite carry bag, screen protectors and a fast 16Gb card to start me off. It will be great to see how well it performs over the Summer for landscape scenes, close up plant and flower shots as well as on holiday with the family. I'm a keen amateur photographer and I see this as a good way to move to a current format. It's been easy to connect to my window 7 PC and to download the pictures although the connection cable could do with being a bit longer. Overall I'm very pleased with the camera so far.

I hope this helps
melbyrne

Photography Help????????

Postby zak » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:52 am

Well these are pretty much entry level camera in general, they in general will have some basic pre sets and may allow some personal adjustments. All the brands are good, though photographers tend to fall in love with brands as they love the feel of the brand.

You really need to know what you want to do with it. The cameras all have fixed lenses so you won't be able to play around with different lenses (which you or may not care about).

I would personally got for the Panasonic as it has a higher customer rating. This is a good point and shoot camera and has a very simple user interface (it is easy to operate).

Additional info

Customer report 1

I recently purchased the Panasonic DMC FZ48 from Amazon, and have been delighted with this camera.This is the third Panasonic super zoom camera I have owned, (the previous ones are still in use by members of my family), so that really says it all.

Before buying, I looked at all the other super zoom cameras on the market, and although some have a larger zoom or more megapixels etc,I decided on the Panasonic as this was one of the smallest superzoom cameras available, at the time of purchase.

It also offers full HD recording, and is easy to use for people like myself who just want to point and shoot.It comes with a Leica X24 zoom lens, so is an absolute bargain. Highly recommended.

Customer report 2

I bought the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ48 to upgrade from a Canon PowerShot A75 compact digital camera that I have used both personally and in my business for a number of years. I used to use 35mm SLR cameras as a hobby photographer and this is the best replacement that I could find within my budget that I set at a maximum of £300. This will give me the next learning step I need to be creative with my shots and be using up to date photographs for my websites and family home and holiday photographs.
So far the results are looking really good. The camera is light and compact. (May be too compact for someone with large hands / fingers) It seems to have all the features that I need at the moment as it will take me a while to get used to them all. The pictures so far have come out really well using the auto focus even when zooming in to flowers and a bird on our feeder through the kitchen window. I bought a spare battery, Samsonite carry bag, screen protectors and a fast 16Gb card to start me off. It will be great to see how well it performs over the Summer for landscape scenes, close up plant and flower shots as well as on holiday with the family. I'm a keen amateur photographer and I see this as a good way to move to a current format. It's been easy to connect to my window 7 PC and to download the pictures although the connection cable could do with being a bit longer. Overall I'm very pleased with the camera so far.

I hope this helps
The Nikon has neither manual controls nor viewfinder - making it unacceptable for any serious photography course.

The Fujifilm provides the best balance of features and price.

Remember to budget for a couple of SD cards (unless you're doing video, 2-4GB are perfectly adequate).
zak

Photography Help????????

Postby rickward84 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:15 am

I've got a friend who has the lumix and it works great! I have a Nikon (although not the one mentioned) and I love the brand, as well. But I've heard good things about fujifilm, too! I think any of these cameras would be good
rickward84

Return to Digital Cameras