Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Not Detecting Wireless Internet?

PC Hardware Discussion

Postby Barindra » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:35 pm

I'm using a desktop and a USB wireless network detector. My PS3, I-phone and laptop can detect the wireless Internet, but with my desktop it says "no wireless Internet found within range."

I've tried resetting the USB wireless Internet detector. I've tried restarting my computer. I've tried installing updates. But my computer still fails to detect the wireless Internet.

I lost the CD that came with the USB wireless Internet detector, so I can't reinstall it.

Do you have any ideas what's going wrong and how I can fix this problem?
Barindra

Postby Gifuhard » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:57 pm

try to look for the software on the manufacturers website. download it then reinstall. if that does not work, then i thinks its faulty.
Gifuhard

Postby Adael » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:08 am

Check your network connections on the desktop and look to see if the wireless connection is enabled on the desktop. Right click on it and disable then enable it. (Control Panel>Network Connections)

Try power cycling all of the hardware too. Turn the PC off, the modem off and then bring the modem up first. Wait for all of the lights to turn green, turn the desktop on and see if it finds the connection.

If you can't find the CD you can search the internet for the driver of the adapter by the brand name and download and install them.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Good luck!
Adael

Return to PC Hardware