Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Nikon L810 Battery Battery Exhausted?

Digital Cameras Discussion

Postby cassidy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:54 am

Alkalines are useless for digital cameras - either buy Lithium (expensive, but long lived) or Ni-Mh rechargeables.
cassidy

Postby Belmiro » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:53 pm

Are they AA's ? You probably ran them dry. They only last so long. Buy better batteries.
Belmiro

Postby Osred » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:32 pm

Osred

Postby Powell » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:01 am

Yes, the batteries are dead - replace them.
One more thing, when storing your camera always pull the batteries.
Powell

Postby Cordell » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:18 am

The alkaline batteries that came with your camera, are not very good. NO alkaline battery is good to use in digital cameras because they need LOTS of power to run. The large high resolution LCD screen (3", 921,000 dots) uses most of that power...as does recording movies, using the flash, zooming in and out, spending a long time reviewing your pictures or playing back videos in-camera, etc. etc.

So, it's much better and much more cost effective to invest in high capacity, rechargeable AA NiMH batteries and charger. They will give you much longer life. You can also use non rechargeable AA Lithium batteries e.g. Energizer Ultimate...they provide much longer life than alkalines, however they're expensive but perfect as a backup battery or when you have no access to electricity to recharge your NiMH batteries.

P.S. Don't forget that if you do change to rechargeable NiMH or Lithium batteries....you are meant to set the correct battery type you are currently using by changing it in the Setup Menu of your camera. Nikon says that this helps the batteries to perform "more efficiently".

Read about it on page 11 of your User's manual.
Cordell

Postby Halford » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:34 pm

Are you extremely different which you have have been given have been given the impressive batteries for the digital digital camera? do no longer place self belief in what somebody interior the save tells you without corroborative evidence. They "could desire to" word of what they are speaking approximately whether you have a significant difficulty now and this could desire to be carefully resolved - no longer guessed at. The digital digital camera could prefer a million.2V rechargeable cells or it is going to prefer a million.5V "good" (non-rechargeable) cells. make particular the Nikon inspired variety. this could probably be interior the documentation. while you're patently exact which you're employing the impressive batteries and you're nonetheless getting deceptive warning indications on the battery meter then you certainly have a fault. simply by fact the digital digital camera remains new which you're able to be able to desire to take it back and ask for a alternative, or a minimum of a assessment with yet another producer new digital camera of the equivalent form.
Halford

Postby Teppo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:27 am

Yes I do. Can you help me with my flashlight? The light kept getting dimmer and dimmer each time I used it. I put some dead batteries in it and it still didn't work. Go figure...
Teppo

Return to Digital Cameras