Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Nikon D5100 Or Canon T3i?

Digital Cameras Discussion

Postby Ellison » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:38 am

I'm looking into getting a somewhat affordable digital SLR this summer. I've also looked into buying refurbished (assuming the camera was refurbished by the company and not a 3rd party). So far, I can't see too many important differences between the D5100 and the T3i. Would any photographers out there like to try to persuade me one way or the other?
Ellison

Postby Delroy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:45 am

Personally, I'd look at the Pentax K-30.
If Video's your thing, Sony's SLTs will run rings around any DSLR.

The best camera is the one that feels right in your hands - not the one somebody tells you to buy, and certainly not two companies who spend most of their time trying to out-shout each other.
Delroy

Postby Jedediah » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:56 am

Anyone who says that it's a hard fact that one is better than the other obviously does not know enough about photography/videography. It's about how you use it.

Therefore, any of these two that you feel will make it easier for you to exercise your craft (via preferable ergonomics, lens availability, etc) will probably be what's best for YOU.

The difference in image quality is negligible unless you're making huge prints. Most likely your pictures are going on the web anyway, so it's really down to how the camera works for you.
Jedediah

Postby Jerron » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:24 pm

Canon t3i is the Mac daddy!! Very cool camera and I believe it come with a pretty nice lens.
Jerron

Return to Digital Cameras