Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

New Sony Hdd Camcorders?

Camcorders Discussion

New Sony Hdd Camcorders?

Postby Beaman » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:37 pm

I want to buy a new HDD (Hard-Disk Drive) camcorder, and I was checking out the new Sony DCR-SR42/SR62/SR82.
Has anyone tried them? From what I understand, the previous versions were not bad (SR40/80), so I'd expect the new ones to be even better, but I can´t find any reviews for them available on the web.
Any comments?
Beaman

New Sony Hdd Camcorders?

Postby Simao » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:54 pm

The things I've seen problem with are the lack of a small LCD viewer as an alternative to the LCD (power saver), USB only support and MP2 format which means you are more than likely going to have to convert to use cheap software or invest in expensive software like Vegas, Avid Pro, Premier Pro, Studio 10
Simao

New Sony Hdd Camcorders?

Postby Kaley » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:04 am

No 1st hand experience here, but I'm looking at buying the same things.
I am seriously considering spending an extra $150 more than the SR42 and getting a really nice one.
I'm debating b/w the Sony DCR-SR200 and the Panasonic SDR-H200.
The tech guy at Wolf Camera recommended the Panasonic hands down b/c it has 3CCD, which will capture great quality.
Kaley

New Sony Hdd Camcorders?

Postby Merlin » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:09 am

I recently bought an SR-42 and have put it through a few weeks of rigorous use. I've really enjoyed it! It's easy to use, more intuitive than more camcorders, and had enough space for 7-9 hours on High Quality Recording.
If I had it to do again I might get the next step up for the widescreen (SR-42 does 16:9 with the bars).
The files are in MP2 format, which makes them a little difficult to work with and I'm sorting through that now. File downloads are pretty fast for USB, just a few minutes for hours of video.
All in all I've experienced a great camcorder for the price. I would put a screen cover on the LCD right away, mine is picking up a few smudges already. I hope this helps!
Merlin

Return to Camcorders