Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Need Help Diagnosing Computer Hardware Problem?

PC Hardware Discussion

Postby Hotah » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:31 am

I just bought a bunch of new hardware for a new rig that I'm putting together. I received it and built up everything but when I turn my computer on, Everything starts running fine EXCEPT my video card. All case fans are running, CPU fan is running, I can hear my HD spinning, but my video card fan isn't turning and I am receiving no signal to my monitor.

So I obviously tried to troubleshoot but can't seem to figure out what is wrong. I believe that it is either a bad mobo, mobo POST's aren't passing or bad vid card. I tried to remove my RAM from my mobo and turn it on to see if I got beep codes but I heard nothing. This leads me to believe that it is my motherboard but I want some other opinions on the matter. Just so you all know, I don't have another PC that I can hook my hardware up to, to see if it's my video card or not.

MOBO:ASUS M3N72-D

CPU:AMD Athlon 64 X2 3.0 GHz DC

RAM:4GB(2x2GB) DC

VIDEO CARD:EVGA GeForce GTX 260 896MB PCI-Express 2.0 x16

PSU:550W

Serious responses only please. And I'd like to know anything it could be but keep in mind that I know all my connections/cables are good, I know my vid card is properly seated in the correct slot, I have another PCI slot that is compatible with video cards and I've already tried it (same problem), so I would prefer a seriuos answer here. Thank you.
Hotah

Postby dun » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:09 pm

Well if you already tried another video card the mobo could be DOA, but there have been a few boards where I have had to jump CMOS right after receiving them.
You should give that a try.
dun

Postby Bogdan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:23 am

homedepot.com/Electrical-Electrical-Tool...

get one of those. It will test your circuts and make sure the video card is recieving power.
Bogdan

Return to PC Hardware