Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

I Need Advice On Buying A Pc?

PC Hardware Discussion

Postby Lawson » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:33 pm

I'm buying a new PC soon and am wondering whether anyone could suggest some good hardware for it? I'm gonna be using it mostly for gaming so i want it to be able to run games smoothly....i've already picked out a customized one i biult online but i'd like to get other peoples opinions on what i should get....i'll definitly be getting amd processors cos' there cheaper the ones i've picked out are quad core phenom 3.20GHz ...... my budget is £800 but i'm very slighlty flexible on that !

thanks!
Lawson

Postby Berakhiah » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:11 pm

You could opt for the i5 instead of the phenom as it would help you in gaming.

Get a 2 or 3 GB GDDR5 RAM Graphics Card to get the max visual performance.
Berakhiah

Postby MacLaine » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:55 am

you have 800 pounds so why don't you think about intel you can buy i5 which is totaly better than the phenom quad ,this compined with an nvidia geforxe gtx 4** and 4 GB DDR3 will create a monster
MacLaine

Postby TerHeide » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:51 pm

With 800 pounds, I would highly suggest BUILDING IT YOURSELF! They charge you quite more than they should for building it. It's not hard to build a computer. If your interested and need help on what to choose, ill be glad to answer. Building it yourself you get the best price/performance ratio.

But if you plan on just customizing one, then you might as throw out 150 pounds. Because you'll get the performance of a 650 pound system. However, I would suggest places like Ibuypower.com or Cyberpower.com or originpc.com Though Origin PC is rather, well, REALLY Expensive.

That quad core phenom is most likely the AMD Phenom II x4 955, I have that exact processor and works great! But you want to take out the stock cpu cooler. It's terrible. It allows the processor to go over recommended temp's and is real loud. People may say "Get an i5-2500k!" and stuff like that, but seeing as you have around only 800 pounds, getting one would just be a waste of money. So use the rest of that money to get more high end equipment for your PC. Maybe get an AM3+ board and wait tell the Zambezi processor's come out and use that.

As long as you get a good video card/CPU combo you should be fine. you would want at least a Radeon HD 5770. If you have any more questions feel free to contact me.
TerHeide

Postby Braden » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:05 pm

drop me a line.
Braden

Postby Steaphan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:21 am

You should get a core i7 with nvidia gtx 560 graphics card. and like 4-6 gb of ddr3 ram

trust me i5 or i7 is much better than amd phenom
Steaphan

Return to PC Hardware