Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Mortal Kombar Armageddon Pcsx2 V1.0.0 Still Slow???....?

PC Hardware Discussion

Postby Saer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:23 am

Mortal kombat armageddon pcsx2 v.1.0.0 slow? :(?

hello i just got mortal kombat armagaddeon om ps2 emulator and when i playing its pretty slow..

fraps its about 50-60 in-game but its just gettin slow...

heres my PC info

memory ram =8 gb

Processor= amd fx(tm)-4100 Quad-core processor

System 64-bit

Graphic card = amd radeon HD series 7800

then i was told that me cpu was too slow thats why... my cpu = amd fx 4100 quad core processor so i overclocked it today from 3.60 ghz to 4.3 ghz and its still running slow?

plz help me what schould i doo?
Saer

Postby Brittain » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:25 am

As i linked in the last answer, 1.1.0 is the latest 1.0 is still outdated. http://pcsx2.net/download/development/sv...

I kind of have doubts your overclock was done correctly though.

What is your EE and VU % when the slow downs occur? (its at the top of the window)

If EE is at a high % (like 90%+) then your problem is cpu related.

If your VU is at a high %, then your problem is GPU related

Are you using hardware or software rendering? if using software then you are using your cpu to render the graphics, which your cpu is likely not good enough for.

If you use hardware rendering then it will use your graphics card to render which will drastically put alot less load on the cpu, giving you alot better speed. (its under graphic plugin settings, try both DX9 and 11 to see which works better for that game aswell)

(but not all games work with hardware rendering. so if you notice graphical glitches its likely because of hardware rendering or the using of speedhacks)

And so you know, its "just a ps2" but emulation is FAR different then pc gaming. For emulation you are converting every instruction set since the console cpus are not the same as console cpus. And they also use different ram aswell (which is alot faster then pc ram). So to emulate something you need many many many many times the power of the console.

Also play at native resolution atleast until you solve your speed problem. the 7870 is not that high end of a graphics card, so dont think "o its just ps2, i can max it"

nooooo... not unless you have a gtx titan lmao

You should be able to play at like 4x internal resolution with AA at 0. dont bother with AA.

The last thing to increase speed is going to config > emulation settings > speedhacks.

If using 1.1.0 from link above, in the speedhacks check the multi threading VU box at the bottom (since you have a quad core cpu, it can make use of extra cores to give better performance, as pcsx2 only uses 2 by default)

If you still need speed, go to the EE and Vu sliders and try moving them up a notch. Using these can cause glitches to happen in game. So if you notice anything wrong back it down 1. Its best top only use 1 slider at a time. But just experiment with the game you want to play and see how high you can go w/o glitching it.

Other then this, the only thing you can do is get a better cpu or overclock to higher clock speeds.
Brittain

Postby Fulton » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:41 pm

Kombar
Fulton

Postby morty49 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:00 pm

Thankyou all for your replies and opinions!
morty49

Postby Devine » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:33 am

maybe so
Devine

Return to PC Hardware