Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Mirus 8.9" Synct9xp Classmate Kids Tablet Netbook Pc With Intel Atom N270 Processor??

Netbooks Discussion

Mirus 8.9" Synct9xp Classmate Kids Tablet Netbook Pc With Intel Atom N270 Processor??

Postby cormac26 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:36 pm

Can anyone who has this netbook tell me what you can and can't do with it? Pros and cons? About the battery life and the hassle of taking care of it? Is the tablet useful? Does it work well? Would you recommend this product for a high school student?

All I really need a netbook for is Facebook, Myspace, browsing online and writing papers, the basics. Can I install MS office on this? Or even if I have no other option Open Office? Lastly, could you please tell me the programs you have on yours?

If you could answer at least some of my questions and put some of your own experiences with the answer I'd really appreciate it. Just tell me why it's a worthy product! Thanks!
cormac26

Postby Eljin » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:06 am

I bought one of these for my wife a few weeks ago. It is really a neat machine. She is a doctor, and entering the medical information into the often not so well designed databases was a primary reason for investing in the tablet model with the touch screen. It works well for that, and makes browsing some web pages nicer if you are just sitting on the couch.

The keyboard is OK, about like other netbooks. We previously owned an EEEPC 700, so are accustomed to typing on a smaller keyboard. The 8.9inch screen is much better than the 7" eeepc 700 model, but has about the same overall dimensions (thee eeepc 900 has the larger screen as well).

The version we bought from sears.com had MS Office 2007 installed, but with a full year license unlike most laptops that have just a 30 day trial.

I dont think it can be purchased locally anywhere, only online.

If a tablet is what you want, i would recommend this model. If you don't have need for the touchscreen and tablet stuff, another netbook will be $150-$300 less. eg now you can get an eeepc 900 for $200, eeepc 1000 models for $350, and acers and hp netbooks for the $350 range.

If it wasnt for the touchscreen, i would have gone with an eeepc 900 or up.
Eljin

Postby Codi » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:52 pm

I don't own one but:

Tiny screen.
Tiny keyboard.
No CD drive.
(You can install Office if you download it or if you use an external CD drive.)

If you use an external keyboard and mouse, and an external monitor, when you're home, any netbook will probably do.
(I'd prefer the EPC900HDB or the Acer AOD-250.) Unless you have good eyes and small hands, then you won't mind the small size.

A tablet? I've almost never found any use for the tablet format.
(Taking sales orders while standing up is one time it can come in handy, but I can't imagine any need in high school, other than being able to say "I have a tablet PC".) As far as I'm concerned, the swivel is just one more area that can break.
Codi

Return to Netbooks