Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

I Messed Up My Sound On My Computer In The Control Panel; How Do I Change It Back?

Windows 2000 and Earlier (Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 95)

I Messed Up My Sound On My Computer In The Control Panel; How Do I Change It Back?

Postby Erico » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:48 am

So, for some reason, my music and all sounds coming from my computer played through my headphones AND the speakers, which isn't what I wanted; I wanted it to only come out of my headphones. So I went into my control panel, and went into Hardware and Sound>Manage audio devices. I disabled two things; first, I disabled my speakers. No sound came out of my headphones. So I disabled a different thing, called the Realtek Audio Device (or something like that). Still no sound. I tried to re-enable them, but they were gone from the list. I tried unplugging and replugging back my headphones and speakers, but they didn't turn back up in the list. How can I fix my sound? Thanks!

Using Windows 7 if it helps.
Erico

Postby Tripp » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:06 pm

So basically you have disabled your speakers and your sound card, clever. If your headphones have 3.5 mm jacks they will cut off your speakers when you plug them in. Reactivate you sound card or enable it again, on is in play back and the other is in record, r/click if you have hidden them. You need stereo mix to get you sound card running. 3.5 mm jack easier than USB devices to program?
Tripp

Postby Codell » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:11 am

You can use system restore to undo the changes.
Codell

Return to Legacy Windows