Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Mac Os X Updating Help? Please Help!?

Mac OS X Discussion

Postby Richie » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:16 am

so i have a mac os x and its so out of date. its a 10.2.4 or somthing. it wont let me do anything. i want to buy snow lepard but i feel it wont work because its so far behind.

is that the case or will snow lepard just work if i order it?

sorry if im not explaining this well but if i have a out of date mac will snow lepard work? t hanks xo
Richie

Postby Rhinffrew » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:35 am

No, your Mac runs on a PPC processor. Snow Leopard (10.6) requires a Mac with an Intel processor.

The latest you can upgrade to is Leopard (10.5) - it is the last version that supports PPC Macs. Even then, depending on how old you Mac is it may not work (just check the requirements and compare to your Macs.). The safest version to go with is 10.4
Rhinffrew

Postby Ludano » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:46 am

Ok, here's a real answer. You will most likely (not for sure) have to get a new computer. However, you can try to update by going to the little apple in the top left corner and going down to software update... follow the instructions. It will take a long time since you are so far behind, but it could solve your problems. Keep everything there checked then click update. Your computer may need to restart. I'm going to say you need a new computer because you are so far behind, and the Mac you have probably does not support Snow Leopard and maybe not even Leopard. You may have to use Tiger if it doesn't support your computer. Hope this helps. I would take it to the Apple store and they can do all of this for you if you are scared to do it yourself or are confused on anything. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Ludano

Postby Sebastian » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:45 pm

I extremely have Snow Leopard and upgraded from Leopard and it does no longer delete any of your computers records. it is like once you're updating Leopard with a clean patch or like once you're updating an software. so that you will be positive. i like Snow Leopard compared to Leopard, it more suitable a group.
Sebastian

Postby Emery » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:59 am

i have the same problem, go to the Apple store.

ANSWER MY QUESTIONS PEOPLE! :)
Emery

Return to Mac OS X