Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Pc Or Mac For Multimedia?

PC Hardware Discussion

Postby Clay » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:21 am

I'm about to get my degree in graphic design and multimedia in May, but the current laptop I have isn't powerful enough to handle Adobe programs such as Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Premier, Indesign, Illustrator, and maybe Flash professional. I heard that Apple customer service is much better, but PC's are cheaper. Hardware or battery life isn't my main concern, I just want something that is fast, has a lot of space, runs more than 2 GB of RAM, will last 5-10 years, price range around $700-1000, I may push it up to $1200. Please give me your opinion on PC or Mac and if you don't mind give me your choice of laptop for multimedia. Thank you
Clay

Postby Woudman » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:54 pm

If it was me, I would have blindly gone for Windows-based PC. Reasons are:

1. Adobe developer programs- Mac doesn't run them properly.

2. Flexibility of applications being used- You can play games, watch videos, listen to music using plethora applications available for Windows. Mac is just helpless here.

3. Ability to upgrade without destroying your OS. I find MAC users find it hard to upgrade their rig / laptop and may need to reinstall or restore Mac OS after upgrade. With Windows, you don't need to panic at all unless it's your hard disk (ofcourse).

4. Better driver support for hardware.

5. If you are a Windows user, you can use any computer with ease! The Mac keyboard is very different and it takes time to switch to non-Mac keyboard.

So if you are planning to buy a laptop in that budget (which is a great budget) go for HP Envy 3000 series laptop (latest 2012 edition). Here is the review of the laptop. Amazing at it's price and very good on battery power.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-HP-Envy-17-3D-Early-2012.69822.0.html
Woudman

Postby Clancy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:11 pm

go for pc as u will be able to get more powerful hardware as compared to the mac at the same price..more over the pc is compatible with a lot of different useful programs..pc version of such programs are also up for free ie, freeware..more over the mac version of softwares will cost more..

customer service wount come in to use often so it should not be the main choosing criteria..

go for PC(period).
Clancy

Return to PC Hardware