Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

List Of Some Quality Headphone Amps To Run With My Setup?

Desktop Discussion

Postby Bocleah » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:52 am

I just purchased Beyerdynamic D770 Pro 250 ohms, and I have the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829121120 Soundcard in my PC, but I'm using a crappy 15

year old Sony Receiver to power my speakers atm, I want to get a nice desktop headphone amp to run straight from my soundcard through the RCA outputs into the amp and straight to

the headphones.
I'll be using them for mostly music (heavy metal, dubestep, deep bass, etc), games, and movies.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Thanks!!
Bocleah

Postby Iov » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:37 pm

The STX is incredible value for money. It's a great DAC, better than you are going to find in an external unit for that price, and it should have enough juice to power the DT770 reasonably well. It's bigger brother, the Essence One is also a good choice.

If you are still looking for a good amp, I really recommend the Matrix M-stage. You could even get the USB version of that which would replace the need for a soundcard, but the regular non USB Matrix M-Stage with your M-Audio soundcard would be a pretty good system. It has way more juice than the STX or the Nu-Force uDAC.
Iov

Return to Desktops