Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Like a laptop but not a laptop or tablet or netbook?

Netbooks Discussion

Postby karney » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:47 am

I am looking for a small protable notebook computer that is not a notebook, netbook, laptop or tablet. What I am looking for sits somewhere inbetween netbook/tablet and laptop/notebook in size. So less than 12" in size but greater than 10". I have seen the off few 11.6" inbetweeners that may fit the bill from the likes of Acer and Samsung but I'm just wondering if there's anything else you can recommend? I'm ideally looking for something running windows and will have a screen resolution that will allow me to watch hd content playback from the web on the go. At the same time though I need pretty good battery life. I don't expect 10, 11, 12 hours that you can get with some Asus and Samsung Netbooks, but it has to be way more than any laptop, so I am talking about 6, 7, 8 hours battery life.

I believe there has been a lack of such devices for a while because Intel really blocked anything from being made as they would only allow their weak atom cpu's into netbooks because they didn't want better cpu's competing against their own products in laptops and other devices etc. All these new 11.6 inch inbetweeners (for want of a better word) portable computers seem to be powered by AMD chips so I am hoping that means that Intel now drops its ridiculous policy which has resulted in a restriction in consumer choice and halt of the free market and supply & demand.

If you can recommend any computer that would fit the bill for me and give me good battery life and be reasonably powerful to run hd content but still quite portable I'd appreciate it.
karney

Postby bentleigh47 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:52 am

iPod touch!
bentleigh47

Postby jasper » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:58 am

You are looking for Lenovo Thinkpad X series specially ThinkPad X220 Tablet with Solid State Drive

core i5 and i7
multi touch screen
4 to 8 GB memories
and ...

check this link out :
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/laptops/thinkpad/x-series-tablet
jasper

Postby dionte » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:03 am

there are a number of such devices due out in 2012 with ARM chips lower power consumption with high processing power
dionte

Postby eugenio69 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:15 am

Tablet pc eg: apple,samsung,etc
eugenio69

Return to Netbooks