Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

LED OR LCD which is better for gaming?

HDTV Discussion

Postby ciardha86 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:54 am

Hi I have a PS3, and I am looking to buy a 32inch Samsung HDTV but don't know which one to go for, as the store has both versions, and it has to be one of the two LCD or LED. Which one should I go for and why?. I wanted to get an LG but my friend said that it has no game mode setting on it, where as Samsung TV does and that they are pretty much TV's for gaming.

He has LED and he say's the image looks more natural, sharper and crisper and that the graphics look hot. I asked him if he does any brightness/contrast settings and he say's he can't be bothered so he just puts it on game mode and it looks fine.

Need more opinions though which is better and why? . Also I wanted to get a 42inch TV but then my bedroom is small, and I play on a gaming chair which is only a meter away from the TV, so I reckon it will be too big.

By the way one more question.. why do people say that smaller HDTV's are better than bigger ones for gaming? I heard the image has less lag or something but I don't notice any lag on images lol maybe am just slow haha.
ciardha86

Postby yitzchak46 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:05 am

LED has quite a number of advantages compared to LCD. As observed, LED has thinner width, even reaching up to an inch. In addition to that, LED produces higher contrast medium and dynamically offers a wider color range that exudes almost perfectly contrasted colors among images on screen.

More you got here: http://www.knowswhy.com/why-is-led-better-than-lcd/
yitzchak46

Postby shelton » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:15 am

LED better quality
shelton

Postby dong-sun93 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:23 am

LED
dong-sun93

Postby aleron » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:26 am