Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

My Laptop Is So Messed Up,is There A Way To Wipe Everything Out?

Windows 2000 and Earlier (Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 95)

Postby Jordanna » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:05 am

i installed this stupid program called client network or something around there and since i am not the administrator i cant remove it and i have no clue what happened to my bfs administrative acct.it vanished so it seems likes its only me.we dont have the money to be taking it to a place to get fixed.i want to know if there is a way to wipe everything out and install a new program.it is window xp but it is really messed up.or does anyone know anyone that can fix it?i live in orange county ca.please help.
Jordanna

Postby gedda11 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:22 am

download DBAN, burn it to a dvd and boot you computer off of it

follow the on screen instructuions, and you computer will be wiped.
gedda11

Postby tzefanyah59 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:44 am

try this boot into safe mode another account should be available in safe mode called administrator use that then go into the control panel Add/Remove programs look for the entry and uninstall it, it should go

if you don't know how to enter safe mode reboot the computer and keep pressing (about once a second) the F8 key before the windows loading logo appears you should then get a boot menu use the cursor (arrow keys) to highlight safe mode and hit the enter key safe mode will load icons will look like boulders but don't worry

once you uninstall the offending program just reboot to enter normal mode
tzefanyah59

Postby dubhgml » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:38 am

Use cd that came with the computer to format it or else use something similar to "opheracrack" i think it was named and crack the admin password then just uninstall the client network program.

Hope it helps!
dubhgml

Postby Emrys » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:25 am

Get an XP install disk, it doesn't matter how, download an image from online or borrow it.
Use that disk to re-install with format windows, when it promps for the registration key use the OEM key on the windows label located on the computer, this is why it doesn't matter because you aren't actually pirating windows.
That will put a clean OS install on the computer, yes it will get rid of all the settings files and software on your computer so you'll want to back up any files you want to keep before doing this.
Emrys

Postby Bamard » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:18 am

Yes, but i think you need some sort of CD for that.
Bamard

Postby Brennon » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:36 am

You need a system restore CD that came with the laptop. If it didn't come with one, you'll need to call the manufacturer of the laptop and request one which usually costs 5 to 10 dollars for it.

If you have the restore CD, put it into the DVD bay and reboot the PC, be sure to pay attention to the first set of black screens there should be an option to change boot options (sometimes it's F12). Hit F12 (if applicable) and choose boot to CD. Follow the prompts for a complete system reinstall. Be sure to choose the option to re-format the harddrive to ensure you're not repairing the OS.
Brennon

Return to Legacy Windows