Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Issue With New Desktop Pc?

Desktop Discussion

Postby Denholm » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:19 am

Hello, my dad has just received this PC desktop.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...

All the interior appears to be fitted except the IDE cable. We aren't sure whether this is a spare IDE cable but one cannot be seen inside the case. It appears that if we open the computer our warranty would be voided. Do you think this is done on purpose for this reason?

Another question.

We haven't got a monitor with a VGA cable so we tried to use a HDMI cable to connect it to our TV but no picture was received. For us to get the HDMI cable working on this PC would it require any drivers.

No operating system has come installed with this item.
Denholm

Postby Ezer » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:09 pm

It's not going to work with No operating system! It's like a car with no engine! It ain't going anywhere.
Ezer

Postby Cuchulain » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:31 pm

You have SATA and not IDE. Their might be a IDE connector on the motherboard, but that does not mean the computer will not work. Look for the words SATA_0 SATA_1 and so on on the motherboard. Their should be 2 cables connected. One for the hard drive and one for the CD Drive. If thats the case you are all good to go.

Install and operating system and the drivers and everything is ready.

I actually have a Vibox GT-X from 2011 and can confirm you will probably not void the warranty as their is no VOID sticker or anything to notify the seller youve accessed inside the case based on my Vibox PC.

Your other question:

No you do not need drivers to get a picture, connect the HDMI and you should get picture straight away. However, you will need to install drivers for the performance you need. I had a disc for the driver though so use that to install it.

UPDATE:

dragon00 said you might need a vga cable to access catalyst control center to switch on hdmi. This is completely and utterly incorrect.

UPDATE 2:

Here is what i am asking you to look for inside the case: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfe3abqb4x0e4b...
Cuchulain

Postby Sorrell » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:17 pm

what is the ide cable needed for ... both the hdd and optical are sata ( according to the specs on your link ) and sata is faster and more stable than ide !

you might need a vga monitor to go into the ATI Catalyst Control Center to turn on the hdmi cable and tv ( or most older tv have both a vga and multi hdmi ports so connect the vga cable to the blue vga port on the back of the tv then go into the ATI Catalyst Control Center and set it to use the hdmi port then shut down the computer and disconnect the vga cable and insert the hdmi cable then press start ! )
Sorrell

Postby Burbank » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:59 pm

1- IDE

your drives are Sata, there is no need for an IDE cable.

2 - Opening the case void warrenty

opening the case does not void any warrenty, you have to open the case from time to time to clean out dust and general maintenance, and if you add a component or drive.

3 - you should be able to access the bios without the need of any operating system installed, make sure that you have the HDMI cable in the graphics card.

try starting the computer and keep pressing the DEL key to see if the bios comes up. you should be able to see the boot screen atleast.

if your not getting anything contact the seller.
Burbank

Postby Buadhach » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:56 am

Today's computers use SATA, not IDE, to interface to disk drives.
I'm going to assume that the vendor connected up the HDD & what you're looking at is a spare.

You're not going to be able to do anything until you purchase & install an OS, Windows or otherwise (LINUX).
And yes, you'll need drivers for your graphics card (which I assume the vendor has provided) before it'll work in anything other than base VGA mode.
Buadhach

Postby Mylnburne » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:07 am

At the current time, all you have is a box with parts.

To make the computer functional, you will need to install an operating system. Then you'll need to install the drivers (hopefully they came on a CD/DVD with the computer).

You are going to have to get some sort of monitor to install the OS and drivers. It will not boot to HDMI without going in to the BIOS and you can't get to the BIOS without having a monitor.
Mylnburne

Postby Colt » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:41 am

verify your firewall settings at living house. you would be able to ought to create a firewall rule that facilitates distant own pc connections.If i'm no longer unsuitable RDP (distant own pc) makes use of TCP port 3389.
Colt

Return to Desktops