Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Installing A Case/system Fan?

Peripherals Discussion

Postby Meade » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:46 pm

So i bought a new custom computer and it gets pretty damn hot, i want to buy a new case/system fan.

i dont know anything about installing/buying parts for a custom computer since i had laptops before. my specs / parts are listed below

CPU: AMD FX 8150 Black Edition

CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Prime SD1484

Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Included

RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600mhz Vengeance (4x4GB)

Hard Drive: 2TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s

Optical Drive: 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA Included

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1,280MB

Case: Xigmatek Asgard Included

PSU: 600W Xigmatek

so i want to know, if you can find out, what fan size i should use, im not to worried about price, what hardware (screws and stuff) i will need extra, and some info on how to install it. also can you check if it will work with my motherboard. Thanks. i am a little worried about wherevisibally blocked by the cpu for some reason. thanks any fan recommend i can put it, i have not yet had the case sides off but, the vents where it says to install them are visibly blocked by the cpu for some reason. thanks
Meade

Postby Oakley » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:29 am

No. Becase the recent fan will possibly not journey up the to the previous fan bracket. the main serious project to submit to in suggestions is that it is approximately 15-30 pounds mind-blowing over you head and if it fell (on somebody) it particularly is gonna harm. in basic terms make helpful the the container is screwed in a joist or the container is is able to helps the burden of the fan.
Oakley

Postby Trenten » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:36 am

The spec on this says that you can mount 4 fans in the case. There should be two (at least) already installed, depending on the system builder, one at the bottom front, and one at the back below the power supply. One thing you might want to check is that the filter behind the bottom front fan is not clogged up, interfering with airflow. Note that just because the case supports 4 fans, it doesn't mean the motherboard does. The MB is speced as having 2 fan headers, one of which will connect to the cpu cooling system, and you will need to drive additional fans from the power supply which means they would not be software controlled (most will come with the necessary connections).

Fans come in a variety of sizes, but in an ATX size case you are likely to need either the 80x80 mm or the 120x120 mm size. Locations vary. but look at the Left side panel for appropriate holes, or sometimes in the top of the unit.
Trenten

Postby Eddison » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:43 pm

Just install two extra chassis fans like I did, one at the front and one at the back.

The front one pulls air into the case and the back one and the PSU fan pulls it out the back.

You then get a good airflow through the case.

Just ask for chassis fans.

They're all the same size and even the screw mounting hole will line up.

This is a selection of fans. http://www.maplin.co.uk/computing/pc-cas...

And these are the connectors you will need http://www.maplin.co.uk/power-supply-cab...
Eddison

Return to Peripherals