Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

How Or Where I Can Remove A Virus On My Laptop?

Laptop Discussion

Postby Burk » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:10 pm

ok so I started going on this website called justdubs.net to watch some anime cartoons. I searched up peoples opinions on the site and they all said that their antivirus program labeled it as a safe site. Two days ago, my laptop started doing this thing where it updates EVERY SINGLE TIME I shut down. I think it's a virus since our antivirus just very recently expire. I keep reading about Malwarbytes but I also see that many people say its only for malware and not for viruses. Can someone give me a cheap place to get my computer fixed? and PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME LINKS! I always get paranoid that its a fake user sending me to a virus infested site. Just give me the name of the program and I'll search it myself :p Other than the constant updating, nothing seems to be wrong with it.

Also, for those who have good antivirus programs. Can you PLEASE check if Justdubs.net is a safe site? Thank you :)
Burk

Postby Aponivi » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:47 pm

It?s a simple fix you can do your self

1) On a pc that is not infected with internet access go to www.malwarebytes.org and download malwarebytes free addition (save it to a file on your desktop)

2) Go to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/ and download combofix to the same file

3) Burn both files to a cd (DO NOT USE A FLASH DRIVE! )

4) Start infected pc in safe mode ( F8 before windows screen) Not safe mode with network support just safe mode

5) Run combofix by following directions (when it tells you that MacAfee?s is still running just click ok ? it will do it twice then it will want to install the recovery console ? tell it no (you need internet access to install it )

6) If it says it needs to reboot let it

7) After combofix runs and finishes run malwarebytes ( consider buying the paid version)

8) After both have ran boot in normal mode and if you still cannot get on the internet go to the control panel and click on internet options, choose connection tab, go to lan settings button at the bottom, make sure use proxy box is NOT checked

9) After you have internet access go to http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe and run run it to clean ALL temp files.
Aponivi

Postby Mainchin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:03 pm

Justdubs.net gets excellent scores from Web of Trust: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/Justdu...

Your problem doesn't sound like an infection to me. I'm wondering if it's a Windows setting of some kind. What exactly is being updated at shutdown?

Hope this helps.
Mainchin

Return to Laptops