Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

How Do I Video Tape Games/videos From My Tv?

Mac OS X Discussion

Postby Oran » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:21 pm

Hello. I want to tape some gameplay of some of my video games. I have a toshiba flatscreen tv, and a mac x os x lion laptop (i think? lol). I want to record the games from my ps3, and transfer the data to my mac, so i can then upload it to youtube. What cords/extensions do i need to do so? What is the price for it all? And where can i find them? Thanks in advance!
Oran

Postby Jordell » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:46 am

Hauppauge HD PVR records in 720p HD definition. Video gaming youtubers mostly use this. Its around $180-200. Or you could go with the dazzle, which is cheaper but records in SD quality. Its like $50. Look for both in local bestbuy or walmart. Or like amazon or ebay online. There's bunch of tutorials on how to set them up on YT.
Jordell

Postby Stanwode » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:33 am

You need to get a capture card. Basically it plugs in between your PS3 and your TV and just records the input.
Stanwode

Postby Dariel » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:54 am

Use a Dazzle Multim DVD Recorder, plug your PS3 into it and plug the Dazzle into your USB slot. Dazzle requires VideoGlide software to run on a Mac, which is shareware but a demo is available. The total cost is around $50.
Dariel

Return to Mac OS X