Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

How To Turn Off My Laptop Monitor With My External Monitor Plugged In?

HDTV Discussion

Postby chenche43 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:42 pm

Depends on the brand.
If it is a Dell, you can press the F8 key (usually it will say LCD/CRT on the key).
Each press will move it between displaying on the LCD only, displaying on the CRT only, displaying the same on both, and displaying different things on both.
It may take you a few presses to find the right setting.
This setting is not saved and you have to press the F8 to get the right screens back everytime you boot the PC.

You can also right click on the Desktop, go into the Properties, and the Settings tab.
You can change the secondary and primary montors there.
Make the TV the primary and then turn off the secondary (now your LCD).
Wzrning: if you boot the laptop without the TV attached, you will lose their settings and the LCD will become primary again.

If you look under the "advanced" setting of the Settings tab, depending on your graphic card, it may include a configuration routine that will allow you to set up a permanent profile to use the TV only if it is attached.
But that varies by video card.

If you have an external mouse and keyboard fro your laptop, you can also just close the lid of the laptop.
That will shut down the LCD but continue to run on the TV.
The use the external mouse and keyboard with the TV.

Several different ideas you can try....
chenche43

Postby Edsel » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:19 pm

There are various the variety to teach the video demonstrate of a laptop of to maintain potential: a million purely close the lid some million/2 way. 2. pass into administration Panel and set the potential innovations to teach of the video demonstrate after a given variety of minutes. I want the 1st technique so i do no longer lose the video demonstrate if i'm examining a diagram or some thing.
Edsel

Return to HDTV