Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

How Do I Perform A System Restore My Dell 540 Desktop Pc?

Desktop Discussion

Postby Theo » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:12 pm

Last year I installed Win7 that was freely available. Of course, this copy had a time limit and it finally expired today (1Mar). Now that I'm done evaluating Win7 I want to restore my Dell back to the original settings.

On my PC there's a D: partition that has the original image snapshot and other utilities. So far I've been unable to the run the restore, either from the command prompt and control panel. I read the instructions to hit F8 on boot-up but when the menu comes up I don't have an option to perform the restore. The PC still thinks its in Win7 mode.

I'm really stumped. Is there anyway I can get to the restore utilities?
Theo

Postby Cormack » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:30 pm

The proper way would have been to make your restore discs before installing windows 7.

there may be a F-key you use to initiate the system restore for Dell, you can check the Dell web site for information regarding that specific model.
Cormack

Postby Bennett » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:32 pm

You cant pass lower back to living house windows 2000, in case you formatted with XP into the confusingcontinual...till in case you have a separate partition. yet once you dont have any disk to do equipment fix..then i dont comprehend, does it have XP?? attempt the equipment fix in XP. (in case you have xp loaded in the confusingcontinual) your gonna could desire to reload living house windows xp (format the confusingcontinual) and ensure the language is US, no longer yet another language, of direction living house windows xp can cope with many languages
Bennett

Postby driscol » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:14 am

On most Dells which have a recovery partition, the key sequence to launch System Restore is Ctrl-F11.
Try hitting that just as the computer is booting up, before the Windows splash screen appears.
driscol

Return to Desktops