Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

How do I modify a movie maker 2007 project to play on windows live movie maker 2010?

Windows Live Discussion

How do I modify a movie maker 2007 project to play on windows live movie maker 2010?

Postby aston » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:16 pm

I did and saved a project on Windows Live Movie Maker 2007 like two or three years ago and now I need that project but I have Windows Live movie Maker 2010 and the pictures and audio are not showing so what do I do to make the pictures and audio show?
aston

Postby roderigo52 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:20 pm

Unfortunately, Windows Live Movie Maker is a completely re-coded program and won't open the projects made with earlier versions of Movie Maker. But don't give up hope. If you have a Windows 7 or Windows 8 computer, you can download and install the XP and/or the Vista version of Movie Maker - whichever one you used to use. (There was no Movie Maker 2007 version.)

The XP version (v2.6 originally made for Vista computers that didn't have the graphics acceleration needed to run the regular Vista version of Movie Maker):
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34

The Vista version combined with an installer for Windows 7 and Windows 8:
http://movies.blainesville.com/p/wmm-60-on-windows-7.html
I installed a lot of Blaine's Movie Maker 6.0 extras when I had a Vista computer and installed this version of Movie Maker on my Windows 7 machine when it was new.

You can install either (or both) of these versions of Movie Maker without uninstalling Windows Live Movie Maker. (I have Movie Maker 2012 and WMM 6.0 on my computer.)

After you install the correct version of Movie Maker, you'll be able to open your project with it.
roderigo52

Return to Windows Live