Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

How Do I Know If He's On My Laptop?

Networking & Wireless Discussion

Postby Iakovos » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:26 pm

Firstly, I'll assume you're using Windows (this will work on Vista or 7). In this case, click on the start button, and into the search box at the bottom. Type "Allow remote access", look in the list above for "Allow remote access to your computer", and click on it. OK any administrator boxes that come up, and you will be presented with a System Properties box. At the top of this page, make sure the "Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer." tickbox isn't ticked. In the bottom options, make sure the top option is selected ("Don't allow connections to this computer"). Hit Apply, and then OK. That will stop your brother accessing your computer remotely.

Now, open Control Panel (Start > Control Panel), and choose "Network and Internet", then "Network and Sharing Center". Then, from the sidebar on the left, select "Advanced Sharing Settings". Make sure all of the following options are set to off:

Network Discovery

File and Printer Sharing

Public Folder Sharing

This will ensure that your machine doesn't broadcast access to your files. Now, change your main password for your machine, so your brother can't log in physically. Then, you're protected significantly more. If he's really computer savvy, he may find other ways to get in. However, the above will close most of the doors into your machine.

I hope this helps.
Iakovos

Postby Clyffton » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:21 am

look for any the following installed programs:

Teamviewer

Logmein Hamachi

TightVCN

RealVCN

lanremotecontrol

anything having to do with remote control.

and just uninstall it.

start

control panel

uninstall a program

will show you a list of installed programs.

it might also be set up to activate when you turn on your computer.

start

search msconfig and run it

select startup tab

uncheck the box to any program having to do with remote control or any of the programs i named above.
Clyffton

Return to Networking & Wireless