Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

How Do I Install Windows Xp On A Windows 8 Laptop?

Windows 8 Discussion

Postby Waldemar » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:35 pm

I have 2 legitimate windows xp disks. When I put both disks into my Windows 8 laptop (Im trying to install Windows XP again because I hate Windows 8 with a passion) it brought up the proper menu, but the button to "Install windows xp " was greyed out on both. I thought that the disks may be used, so to check I put them in my other pc (Which already has windows xp) and it let me install it (if I wanted) Is there a way to install windows xp on a windows 8 (Developer preview)? Thanks :)
Waldemar

Postby faris » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:58 pm

Windows XP comes on ONLY 1 disk. The other disk you are talking about has drivers most likely.

"Is there a way to install windows xp on a windows 8 (Developer preview)?" The answer is NO, you will need to buy a copy of the XP Retail Version if XP is what you want to use. I would give windows 8 a chance. You must have a new PC if you had windows 8 on it. XP is no longer update therefore is no longer safe to use. There have been several exploits found in Windows XP since Microsoft stopped updating it awhile back.
faris

Return to Windows 8