Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

How Good Is The Intel Hd Graphics Card?

Photography Discussion

Postby Coire » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:07 pm

I'm looking at buying a new laptop which comes with an integrated Intel HD graphics card. I don't intend to use it for anything more than playing Sims 3, using Photoshop and maybe some other casual games (I game on console mostly), but I've heard that Intel graphics are really awful. I was wondering if anyone knows anything more about it. I'm looking at the Packard Bell EasyNote TK85 if that helps anyone.
Coire

Postby Bohannon » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:38 pm

this graphics is only really meant for simple media really if you want good graphics performance you want a graphics card really because they are so much better and most games rely on graphics cards for like 75% of the work needed. and photoshop is quite annoying when it is laggy and unresponsive so that will help too.
Bohannon

Postby Coopersmith » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:27 pm

Not good at all, forget about Sims 3 at any usefull fps. It's meant to give you some picture on display and be able to render some hd movies, nothing more than that.
Coopersmith

Postby Kyu-Bok » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:51 am

Early Intel graphics systems were very basic.

The newer HD series are much better. They are not 'graphics cards', they are part of the actual CPU or motherboard chipset.

To put them in proportion, the absolute top Intel HD system at the moment has about half the performance of a cheap NVidia card, and well under a quarter that of a mid range (£180) one.
Kyu-Bok

Return to Photography