Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

How To Get Software For Built In Webcam For Energy Star Monitor, But Sony Vaio Tower?

Windows 2000 and Earlier (Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 95)

How To Get Software For Built In Webcam For Energy Star Monitor, But Sony Vaio Tower?

Postby absolon » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:21 am

I have a Sony Vaio Computer with windows XP (yes a little outdated i know, I'm only using it temporarily) and the monitor I hooked up to it is an Energy Star Monitor not sure the exact make, or how to find it, but if it helps on the top left corner of the monitor is an icon of a nest with three little blue birds in it?

anyways the monitor has a webcam/microphone built into the the top, yet when I tried to turn on either of them it was saying that it's non-existent basically. Is there a software driver I should download? and if so do I go to Sony for the software? or look for something from Energy Star?
absolon

Postby Chuminga » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:57 pm

Viewsonic is brand "for the birds" and is top quality.
Model number is on the back.
Look on website for the driver for the camera.
http://www.viewsonic.com/us/support/down...

Best guess since you don't tell the monitor type (LED, LCD, CRT) or size.
Chuminga

Postby Kleavon » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:46 pm

Your monitor is a ViewSonic

According to the nest with 3 birds, it's ViewSonic's logo

Go to VewSonic's website to download the driver for your monitor

The model # of your monitor should be on the back side of the monitor. You will need this to find the right driver for your monitor. Remember you need an XP driver and not any other Windows vversion.

Best of luck.
Kleavon

Return to Legacy Windows