Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

How Do I Get Rid Of Static On My Bluetooth Headset On Pc?

Networking & Wireless Discussion

Postby Rolf » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:48 am

I've recently bought a USB dongle that allows me to connect bluetooth devices to my PC. Now, I've purchased this dongle to connect a small, in ear headset that I've had for my PS3 so I could use it on Skype. I've used the headset on both my PS3 and my Android based phone with zero problems. I've also used a wired Mic on my PC for Skype (but need something wireless) without issue.

My issue is, when the bluetooth headset is connected to my PC and then selected in Skype I get very noticeable static. To the point that it's not worth using. I've looked online and various places mention checking for other BT devices interfering with it. I've unplugged my PS3, turned off my phone's BT feature and still get the static (Also note, static is also heard in something like windows sound recorder, so it's not JUST Skype).

Worth noting, I've been testing ALL of this in the very same room and have zero static on my other devices.

Anyone have any idea what's up? *Win 7 64bit, PS3 headset, generic USB BT dongle and Skype if those details help.
Rolf

Postby Hanley » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:15 am

I have used Skype an have noticed background static through my speakers, what you are hearing is static from Skype's carrier waves, try the bluetooth on other messengers and see if it still happens, if there is no problem there, well it is Skypes transmission causing the problem, and nothing wrong with your headset at all, Skype has some strange properties it even has the abilities to erase your contacts without notice and block people without permision, so just try this and see how you go , otherwise contact your computer store for technical assistance.
John
Hanley

Postby Jim » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:45 am

difficult subject look using yahoo that might help
Jim

Return to Networking & Wireless