Welcome to TechForums.info!    Latest blog post: Samsung Galaxy S5: In-depth Review of Features and Expected Deals

Advertisments:

How to get rid of Privitize VPN toolbar?

Web Browser Discussion

Postby joss » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:34 am

I accidently downloaded something from this thing and now I have this toolbar and I'm wondering how to delete it? I installed REVO unistaller and Advanced Unistaller PRO to get it out but its still here. It also changed my homepage?? :(
(I use google chrome}
PLEASE HELP!
joss

Postby padgett » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:37 am

If you're on google chrome you're in luck. After you uninstall it from your programs, click the 3 horizontal lines in the top right of chrome and select Settings. Then select extensions on the left side and click the trashbin next to the Privitize VPN toolbar.
padgett

Postby domingo » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:40 am

Go to the control panel of your computer from the start menu.
When there, search for "programs."
There should be a result that says "Add or Remove Programs," or "Add/Remove Programs," depending on what type of computer you have.
Click on that, wait for all the programs to load before clicking on the Privitize VPN toolbar, then click "uninstall."
As for resetting your search system, if it's been tampered with (mine had), click on the three horizontal bars on the top right hand corner of the chrome page itself, click on settings, then go down to "search" and reset it.
I...hope that makes sense.
domingo

Return to Web Browsers