Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

How Do I Get Past Boot Sequence Password In Bios?

Desktop Discussion

How Do I Get Past Boot Sequence Password In Bios?

Postby Adalwen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:12 pm

YOU CANNOT.

I can never understand why all kids set a BIOS password which they don't actually even need, and they always forget and end up coming here crying for help???

Except if your computer is exposed to other people, like in a college dorm, THERE IS NO NEED FOR A BIOS PASSWORD.

I've been using, upgrading and repairing computers and laptops for over 14 years and NEVER used a BIOS password.

BIOS password reset procedure:

FOR A DESKTOP COMPUTER ONLY:

Shutdown the computer.

Remove AC power cord from the back of the power supply. Press and hold the power button for 3-4 seconds to discharge any remaining power stored in the capacitors.

Open the PC case by removing the side panel (held by two thumb screws or Philips head screws on the back panel.

Touch a bare metal part of the PC case to discharge any static electricity charge from your body before you stick your hands inside the case.

Locate the BIOS (CMOS) jumpers and clock type battery (1 inch round pill type battery) on the motherboard.

1 - Remove the BIOS (CMOS) battery

2 - Set the BIOS (CMOS) jumpers to reset position. Plug power cord and turn on the computer for a brief 15-30 seconds. Press and hold the power button for 3-4 seconds to turn the computer off. Remove power cord and press and hold the power button again for 3-4 seconds to discharge any remaining power stored in the capacitors.

3- reset the BIOS (CMOS) jumpers to normal run position, replace the BIOS (CMOS) battery in its spot.

DONE, you have just reset your BIOS (CMOS) settings, and also wiped off the password.

FOR A LAPTOP, the above does not work, no jumpers and almost impossible to get to the BIOS (CMOS) battery. Some models don't even have a BIOS (CMOS) battery.

There are some BIOS password reset programs available, Google search for one.

It's hid and miss, some work, some don't, use at your own risk.
Adalwen

Return to Desktops