Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

How Do I Fix My Internet?

Web Browser Discussion

Postby Delmer » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:57 pm

My computer says im connected to network 6 or something like that (thats not my internet name)with limited connectivity. i cant open any mozilla firefox becuase when i do it does this double task bar thing. i cant get on any website on google chrome cuz it says it cant acess the network and that something is blocking it from acess to the network. ive tried turning off the firewall anda bunch of other things but nothing seems to work.
Delmer

Postby Elidor » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:28 am

Vikky seems to have the answer, and I have to admit, I don't know what's causing your problems, but...

Try this:

Firstly, boot your computer to the Safe Mode menu screen. You do this by repeatedly pressing F8 as soon as you boot up. Once there, use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode with Networking. Continue to boot from there, by pressing Enter. You will now see some drivers being loaded. There will be a pause at some point. This usually lasts for no more than 30 seconds.

Start Internet Explorer, and when the program is open, click on the Tools menu and select Internet Options.

Now click on the Connections tab.

Now click on the Lan settings button.

Where it says Use a proxy server for your Lan, remove the tick in the tick box, then press the OK button to close this screen. Now press the OK button to close the Internet Options screen.

With any luck, you'll now have web access.

Hope this helps.
Elidor

Return to Web Browsers