Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

How Do I Delete And Restore My Computer?

Windows Vista Discussion

Postby Amd » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:33 am

Dell Restore for Windows Vista/7:

1. Turn on or reboot/restart the computer.

2. As the computer starts, press until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.

3. Press the key to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press .

4. Specify the language settings, and then click Next.

5. Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK.

6. Click Dell Factory Image Restore.

7. In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.

8. Click to select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box.

9. Click Next and the computer will be restored to the default factory configuration.

10. When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.

For Windows 7: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/g...

To order recovery discs: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/g...

Warning: In most cases, resetting computer to factory defaults erases everything that is stored in drive C.
Amd

Postby Wynter » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:53 am

If you are going to be promoting your laptop the excellent thing to do is a whole process reload if you're concerned about the buyer seeing any of your personal info that was as soon as in your computer. To do that you must have the CD's that came with the computer which have the running method and drivers. You simply throw the running procedure disk within the drive and it is going to delete the whole thing and be similar to whilst you purchased it. If you happen to cannot do that that you could delete all passwords which have been saved and all cookies through going to my pc; manipulate panel; internet options; after which delete the whole lot, however this nonetheless does no longer handle the downloads. You can have got to individually go into the add or take away packages and take out something you don't want them to see. Hope this helps.
Wynter

Return to Windows Vista