Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

How To Connect Speakers To Diy Projector?

Home Audio & Video Discussion

Postby Kendon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:30 pm

I recently made a diy projector. But i want to connect the audio to some speakers to have an effect of home theater. My lcd panel's driver board has an audio output L+R. In that, I want to connect my 6 PC speakers(2 at center, 2 fronts, 2 backs).. I do not have sub woofer. i just have 6 PC speakers and an audio L+R output in my lcd driver board of my diy projector. is it possible to connect these speakers to that source by anyway?? any chance??? so that i can experience a home theater effect. thanks in advance.. and if it can be connected through any medium, please explain about that. My friend told to use external amplifier. Is that right?? but i think amplifiers cost more

I also have another idea(dont know whether it is funny or not). this is my idea- using a hdtv speaker,like latest tv has... truSRS Sound. buying tat speaker separately so tat i will give a fake home theater effect. don't get angry at me, if tat seems to be stupid. i just have basic knowledge in these matters.

I JUST NEED A GOOD SOUND THROUGHOUT MY ROOM. So any other suggetions or ur ideas may help me out. thanks in advance.. and if it can be connected through any medium, please explain about that. My friend told to use external amplifier. Is that right?? but i think amplifiers cost more
Kendon

Postby Adolf » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:17 am

Bypass the projector completely when it comes to sound. Your projector cannot power speakers without an amplifier.
Adolf

Postby Irven » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:06 pm

Not sure how you managed to build a projector not knowing such basics.
Images do not create sound so there is no reason for any audio information to get anywhere near your projector.
Both the video and the audio come from a source such as a BluRay Disc player, Cable Box, Game or other source.
From these you send the VIDEO ONLY to the projector and you send the audio to an audio system.

The speakers built into HDTV's should have never been put there.
They are only there so they can sell it as a stand alone package but the quality of these speakers is the lowest of the low.
You don't want to use such speakers for anything.

For audio you need an AVR, (Audio Video Receiver) and speakers.
The AVR includes the amplifiers and yes you do need amplifiers for speakers.
Some speakers have the amplifier built in such as the typical PC speaker but no mater how you slice it there is an amplifier involved somewhere to drive the speaker.
The best budget way to do it is with the AVR and separate speakers.

mk
Irven

Postby Halfon » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:09 am

Siempre he tenido una excelente experiencia cundo he comprado ordenadores de sitios web, el ultimo ordenador que he comprado ha sido para un amigo que le gustan los juegos, he encontrado un ordenador perfecto en la pagina y en realidad es aun mejoren realidad, el diseños de la caja le ha encantado y el ordenador funciona perfectamente para los juegos, una excelente placa video, gran memoria y un buen procesador además de estar full HD, hacen de este ordenador un excelente ordenador para los juegos, tal como él quería.
Halfon

Postby MacAdhaimh » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:40 am

If you want a cheap but good sound it's hard to beat a used stereo amp and 2 decent speakers. You can buy a whole hi-fi system very cheap on Ebay. Of course if you want surround sound or a subwoofer you must get a system that can support that.
Don't be tempted to buy any budget system, a used system of good quality is much better value.
MacAdhaimh

Postby Gorry » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:35 pm

you do no longer desire to connect a speaker to a projector. straight forward unpowered audio equipment (audio equipment that have not have been given a capability twine) desire an amplifier. pc audio equipment are powered and don't desire an amp. you would be able to desire to connect your amplifier and audio equipment to a minimum of something with an audio output like a ipod, cd participant, interest console, dvd participant etc.
Gorry

Return to Home Audio & Video