Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

How do i change my windows xp laptop back to windows xp home edition from windows xp professional?

Windows XP Discussion

How do i change my windows xp laptop back to windows xp home edition from windows xp professional?

Postby wicasa » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:14 pm

i brought my laptop to school one day and plugged their ethernet cable into my laptop and it has changed my laptop to windows xp professional, how do i change it backto windows xp home edition without loosing any of my work, files, documents and programs if it's possible. My school uses a client/server network.
wicasa

Postby byrleigh20 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:16 pm

Do you use remote desktop to log on to the school's network? If so then your OS didn't change, you're just seeing a session that makes it look like you're running XP Pro but that's just a virtual desktop you're seeing through remote desktop and not the OS installed on your PC.

- Dominic
byrleigh20

Postby justice » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:25 pm

XP Pro is better than home edition. If you really want to switch, then back up your PC and install XP Home.
justice

Postby bardrick » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:29 pm

I dont think so.
why dont you just say whats changed and we
can help you change it back.
bardrick

Postby angelo89 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:34 pm

Control panel
angelo89

Return to Windows XP