Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

How do I change the default photo duration on Windows Live Movie Maker?

Windows Live Discussion

Postby bellden8 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:14 am

I am using Windows Live Movie Maker (Build: 15.4.3508.1109) and there are no advanced settings or options of any kind. Anywhere. Please, don't reply with "Tools > Options > Advanced" - I know this works on older versions of WLMM, but it doesn't work at all in the new version. The options aren't even there.

I'm using it to make a video from time lapse photos from a remote camera used for bird nesting studies. Most batches of photos are up to 9,999 images, and changing the duration of more than a handful at a time causes the program to freeze and not respond. How do I change the default setting to anything other than 7 seconds?
bellden8

Postby sabino » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:20 am

Interesting study. The size of the batches of photos is going to be a problem - yes, for Movie Maker but, mostly, for your computer. Unless you have a lot of RAM (more than 8 Gbs) and a few hundred free Gbs on your HD, you're not going to be able to process many at a time.

Another consideration: How big is each image? What is the resolution? If you're making a video, each image only needs to be the frame size you want the video to be so you can knock off some of the batch's "weight" by resizing. Also, the resolution should be high enough to prevent the video from having the "blurries".

Faststone Resizer is a lightweight program that does a great job. Besides resizing, it can crop, adjust the resolution, add watermarks, convert file types, etc. (I use it to add custom watermarks.) You're still only going to be able to process about 20 images at a time (depending on the configuration of your computer.)
http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm

If you need help using Faststone, click my avatar and email me.

Once the images are ready for video processing, it's easy to change the duration of multiple images: You click on the first image, hold down shift and click on the last image in the series. On the Video Tools>Edit tab, you'll see "Duration" and can change it to one of the choices in the dropdown or type the value you need directly into the box.
sabino

Postby jantje65 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:35 am

click on the pic
edit menu
time duration
good luck
jantje65

Return to Windows Live