Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

How to change "open with" to default?

Windows Live Discussion

Postby joss » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:36 pm

I accidentally changed the "open with" of my .package file from default (Unknown Application, I think) to Windows Photo Gallery. I use Windows Vista and I can't find Windows Picture and Fax Viewer and I can't find the solution in Control Panel>Programs>Set Associations either.

I just want it back to the way it was before (default setting, with "a white sheet of paper" icon). What to do? I'm afraid this will affect my Sims 3.
joss

Postby rhys10 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:43 pm

It shouldn't effect anything unless you have to open it with a specific program to run the game. I opened a video with notepad (which didn't work at all) and it set notepad as its default program but then imported it onto a video playing software like windows live movie maker and it worked fine.
rhys10

Postby dunton76 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:49 pm

It shouldn't effect anything unless you have to open it with a specific program to run the game. I opened a video with notepad (which didn't work at all) and it set notepad as its default program but then imported it onto a video playing software like windows live movie maker and it worked fine.
go "select program", when it loads the progs associated, either select the one from the list or browse to the executable and check the box making it the new default app.
dunton76

Postby weifield » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:52 pm

I would right click while holding down shift then choose your program and set it to default. You can also do it from Tools / Folder Options / File Types
weifield

Return to Windows Live