Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

How Can I Upload My Ipod Back Onto My Computer?

Mac OS X Discussion

Postby Banbrigge » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:39 am

Ok here's the dealio. My Mac OS X crashed on me and I lost ALL my itunes music files and video files. Is there anyway that I can reupload the music and videos that are on my ipod back onto my computer without having to redownload the 3000 songs and 20 videos i already have? Like is there some software poduct that I can download? Help!!
Banbrigge

Postby Hubbard » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:52 pm

On a Windows, when you plug in an ipod, it pops up as a "removable device", which has some hidden folders, namely "ipod_control". Select it, then the hidden folder called "music". You will now see a series of folders titled F00, F01, F02, etc. Those folders contain the actual music files. Drag and drop them into your itunes library ("Music"), and wait (a long time, with such a large ipod) for the files to transfer over. Do this will all of the "F0" files, and you will soon have your entire collection back! Now- i am not sure how this works on a Mac, but I imagine you can do something similiar, if you plug it in. select it, and look for those hidden files (that may be a setting that you have to select/unselect)... Good luck!
Hubbard

Postby Osborne » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:04 am

Omega is almost right for OS X.

to get the iPod mounted, http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/tutori...

then to get to see the hidden files, http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?stor...

I like the terminal command.

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles Yes

Then you bring them back to your hard disk and have iTunes search the disk for music.
Osborne

Return to Mac OS X