Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

How Can I Make My Computer Speakers Work With External Speakers?

Windows Vista Discussion

Postby Featherstone » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:36 pm

Ive got got a sub with two speakers and plug them in my headphone port on my laptop

when i do this only the three speakers work (2.1) how can i make the two speakers, sub AND laptop speaker all work at the same time? ive tried playing around with the settings but idk what to do

im running windows vista home premium sp1
Featherstone

Postby Bem » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:42 pm

hmmm sounds unusual that a working laptop or computer have not got a headphone jack, even all uber previous computer's have one, consistent with threat its below a flap or some thing? IF plainly he does not have a headphone jack then from what i comprehend there will be no way he can use the headset,
Bem

Postby Danforth » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:33 am

You cant... (and why would you want to? O.o)

Using a single sound card, you can only output sound to one hardware device at a time. (unless you have a good sound card that allows it, but no laptop will have one built in with these capabilities, nor do any manufacturers make sounds for laptops that can do this).

But why would you want to do this?

you wont be getting surround sound from this, it would just be sending the same signal to the internal and external speakers.

So you have 1-2 0.5-1.5W internal speakers plus some likely 5W+ external speakers....

you wouldnt likely not even hear the laptop speakers, but it will make it sound worse overall...

So even if you COULD do it, idk why you would want to...
Danforth

Return to Windows Vista