Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

How can I hook up a wireless light switch transmitter to an outdoor wireless receiver?

Networking & Wireless Discussion

How can I hook up a wireless light switch transmitter to an outdoor wireless receiver?

Postby hadon » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:05 am

I am getting a pool and I want to wirelessly control if it is on or off from inside. I want to have a wireless light switch (one that will mount to a wall), not a little tiny hand-held remote, and an outdoor receiver that is 3-pronged so that I can plug my pool pump into it. I also don't want to spend an arm and a leg on this. Please help!
hadon

Postby mannis29 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:11 am

Why would ever consider not putting the pool on a timer?
mannis29

Postby brody » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:14 am

You need to get the transmitter and receiver from the came company, so they use the same chips and RF frequency.

Ideally you get each with the same address code. If not, you need to code them the same, likely by adjusting jumpers.
brody

Postby placido » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:26 am

When two unit do not seem compatible use a 120vac relay.
placido

Return to Networking & Wireless